We hear from so many of our patients that they are working hard to lose weight, and we are always so excited to hear about their weight loss journeys. But what happens when you are eating well, being active and there still isn’t any movement on the scale? Here are some surprising reasons you might not be losing weight.
- You are not getting enough proper nutrients. Your body needs all its essential vitamins and minerals to function, and if your body is lacking in certain nutrients, it won’t be able to work effectively and might be causing your body to hold onto some weight that it would otherwise be losing. Many of our patients are lacking in Vitamin D or Vitamin B12, and some simple blood work can help evaluate your nutrient levels.
- You are experiencing a hormonal in balance. Hormones are so sensitive and control so many functions within our body. If you are experiencing a hormonal imbalance, it can be causing your body to gain weight. Helping your body find it’s natural balance can make a big impact on your weight loss journey.
- You are lacking a team behind you. It can be difficult to start a healthy routine on your own. Without accountability to expert guidance, weight loss can be a long and lonely journey. The medical staff at Nevy Health is here to provide the accountability and the insight that might be just what was needed to start seeing results.
- You’re trying fad diets. At Nevy Health, our providers have been around long enough that we have seen some crazy diets (we are looking at you, grapefruit diet). There is a reason these types of diets are just fads – it’s because they often do not work in the long term. Eating only grapefruits, or eliminating carbs from your diet isn’t sustainable and these fad diets often don’t provide your body with the necessary nutrients. At Nevy we customize nutrition and foods for each individual to yield optimal results.
- You’re Toxic. Many people have gut or liver toxicity that doesn’t allow their gastrointestinal system to work properly. This can inhibit you from absorbing nutrients and also from eliminating toxins from your system leading to weight gain and ill health.
At Nevy Health, we are here for you. Learn more about our Body Transformation Program and see if it’s a right fit for you. Call us today at 480-833-0302 or schedule an appointment to learn more.