Having a B12 deficiency is one of the most common vitamin deficiencies that we see in our patients here at Nevy Health. There are different ways to either help or prevent a B12 deficiency, whether it be through oral supplements or injections. However, there is more to the B12 than you might first realize. Take a moment and read five of the lesser-known facts about B12.
- First, let us talk about the problems that a B12 deficiency can cause. Probably the most well-known side effect is fatigue. As with any vitamin deficiency, being low on B12 can cause chronic fatigue and overall exhaustion. Did you know that a B12 deficiency can also potentially cause mood swings, depression and anxiety? Some more serious problems can be dizziness and difficulty breathing. B12 is also important for mental health as well. A deficiency can potentially lead to lack of concentration, memory loss, and even is severe cases, long-term dementia.
- A second not so well-known fact is that B12 aids in maintaining healthy hair and skin. B12 is vital in helping the body with cell reproduction. In addition, it can help aid in reducing skin’s redness, dryness, inflammation and even acne. It also potentially helps grow stronger nails and aids in preventing brittle hair. Not only is B12 good for the inside of you, it benefits the outside of you as well!
- B12 can potentially protect the heart from coronary heart disease. Elevated homocysteine levels have been identified as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Vitamin B12 is needed for conversion of homocysteine and can potentially prevent conditions such as heart attack or stroke. At the end of the day, who wouldn’t want a healthy cardiovascular system?
- At Nevy, B12 injections are combined with a MIC injection to help facilitate weight loss and boost energy as well. What is ‘MIC’ you might ask? MIC stands for Methionine, Inositol, and Choline. Methionine helps to break down estrogens, Inositol, which is also another B vitamin, helps to convert food to energy, and choline assists in decreasing the risk of heart disease and helps break down fats and cholesterol. When you combine the MIC combination with B12, it provides essential nutrients that aid in the body’s overall health and aids in the absorption of Vitamin B12.
- Lastly, do you realize that getting a B12 injection is quick and easy? That’s right! B12 injections take a matter of moments and then you’re done. Nevy Health provides B12 and MIC injections with a quick in-and-out consultation appointment. They are super convenient as well. Nevy Health stocks B12 and MIC supplements regularly so you can rest assured they will have what you need when you make your appointment.
Everyone has a busy lifestyle, so don’t let your body suffer a B12 deficit, schedule a consultation with a Nevy Health professional today!